close
close

Overheated machinery caused a fire at a commercial building in Boston as four emergency crews rushed to the scene

The cause of a fire at a commercial building in a Lincolnshire town has been investigated. In the early hours of May 15, four firefighters were called to the incident at Plevin, a wood pellet manufacturing plant on Tenens Way, Boston.

The fire brigade was on site throughout the day and did not leave the scene until around 5 p.m. It has since emerged that the cause of the fire was the machinery overheating.




Crews from Boston, Donington, Kirton and Leverton attended the scene and were able to extinguish the fire. A spokesman for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “This incident resulted in fire damage to electrical wiring within machinery and a large amount of sawdust.”

Get the latest news from Lincolnshire Live with our email newsletters

“Crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire using two hose reel nozzles, thermal imaging cameras and a nine-meter ladder. The fire was caused by overheated machinery.”

The fire caused damage to electrical wiring in machinery and a large amount of sawdust(Image: RS Mortiss)

Images from the scene show emergency services at the incident after the fire was brought under control.

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *