Two more people face murder charges in a fatal shooting after a prom party in Fort Worth

Two teenagers face murder charges in connection with a fatal shooting at a high school prom afterparty last month in Fort Worth, police confirmed Thursday.

Officers arrested Kailis Williams, 19, and Tahv’yown Williams, 18, on a murder warrant Wednesday, according to online court records. The arrests come a day after police made their first arrest, also on murder charges, as part of the investigation into the fatal April 21 shooting.

Police say they are looking for a man in El Paso who was involved in a fatal hit-and-run in Fort Worth

Authorities did not provide any information about the circumstances that led to the shooting. Officer Brad Perez, a Fort Worth police spokesman, declined Thursday to answer questions about the arrests or the investigation.

“There may be additional arrests as the investigation is ongoing,” Perez said in an email.

A court-appointed attorney representing Kailis Williams did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment. No attorney was listed for Tahv’yown Williams in online court records.

As part of the investigation, police arrested 17-year-old Jerome Gray Jr. on Tuesday on a murder warrant. A message to Gray’s court-appointed attorney seeking comment was not immediately returned Thursday.

Dallas police plan to use facial recognition AI. How do they address privacy concerns?

Gray was being held on $100,000 bond as of Thursday afternoon, while Kailis Willaims and Tahv’yown Williams were being held on $150,000 bond, according to online jail records.

Officers responded just before 1 a.m. April 21 to reports of shots fired at a large group in the 3900 block of Singleleaf Lane, near Woodway Drive, in Fort Worth. According to police, three people were shot at the party.

Two people with gunshot wounds were transported by private vehicle to John Peter Smith Hospital and were admitted in stable condition later that morning. The third person, Daniel Olalde Moreno, 19, died about 12 hours after the shooting. His cause of death was a gunshot wound to the torso, according to online records from the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office.

The mother of the Arlington Heights High School graduate who reportedly hosted the party told WFAA-TV (Channel 8) that the gathering was supposed to be small, but the address was shared on a social media page. She estimated up to 300 people showed up.

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *